Tuesday, June 7, 2011

It's all in the details....

A few changes had to be made to what used to be my reading room/scrap room.  We started with tearing out the carpet as soon as the furniture was moved out, followed by painting the walls.  Organizing the closet was easy with the doors off but those were soon cleaned up and reinstalled (which took about 45 minutes for Daddy to figure the configuration out....damn 1960's closets!)  Next came the beautiful crib we picked out that Nina & GP helped out with.  The curtains and curtain rods were almost as much of a fiasco as the paint color but not too terribly as bad!  Then small details started being added here and there....a duo of shelves with small bird houses (which will be painted soon be on the lookout for those pics).  A second set of shelves (disregard the Asian child we really are having our own we didn't adopt her) one shelf will have Baby L's name in small blocks, the other her initial..  My favorite decorative item so far is the beautiful mobile I found through Etsy that my sweet TA went out of her way to make sure I had for the nursery and surprised me with at my shower.
















No comments:

Post a Comment