Tuesday, June 7, 2011

From beige to Paris Mist

Oh how did I hem and haw and drive your Dad nuts about the color to paint your room!  I started off thinking we'd go with a nice pale neutral with a "hint" of color.  So I happened upon Valspar's site and they were running a 1k samples a day in 100 days for free.  So I selected a pale cream with a hint of pink and had it sent to me. Unfortunately it was only one sample per household....little did that stop me!  Another sample went to Auntie Kristine's house, a third went to work, and another to Grandma's.  Sadly I didn't care for any of those choices; back to the drawing board.  The next color choice process went something like this baby girl = pink room.  So off to Lowe's I went and stared and stared at the paint strips.  Finally narrowed it down to a darker pink and a lighter pink and left with two samples which Daddy put swatches of on the wall.  Sadly I didn't care for any of those choices; back to the drawing board.  Back to Lowe's I went with the color choice of green since pink and light celery green are complementary colors.  Finally narrowed it down to a darker green and a lighter green and left with two samples which Daddy put swatches of on the wall.  Sadly I didn't care for any of those choices; back to the drawing board.  (Are you seeing my issue which is becoming a trend here?)  With Daddy's artistic eye in tow back Lowe's we went.  I think the total number of trips was three times in four days; what I can I say I'm indecisive!  Taking a deep breath and saying yes I went along with the color Daddy picked - Paris Mist and it turned out beautifully!



No comments:

Post a Comment